Sunday, November 27, 2011

When there is a "bump" in your vacation....

There is only one nightmare that haunts a traveling nanny.  In this nightmare she is rushing around, exploring new ideas of things to do, when suddenly in slow motion she sees herself falling, turning wrong, any number of scenarios where she feels the pain of an injury. The mere thought of having unbearable pain is enough to make her wake up in a sweat.  Fortunately, it is just that--a dream.

Today, however, my dream became a reality.  DH's taxi was having trouble finding the apartment and I saw it drive by and ran up the stairs and down the street trying to catch their attention. I don't know exactly what happened but I felt the pull in the muscle in the back of thigh.  I tried to shake it off thinking it was just a "kink". Two hours later trying to walk around Sydney I gave up as the pain was just too great.  DH was suffering from jet lag by then anyway so we made our way back to take a nap.  A very expensive Bridge Climb is on our agenda tomorrow and I am in panic knowing there is little chance I will be up to it. 

I can try to see if I can rearrange the climb for the last day of our trip but if they won't do it, I will be climbing in immense discomfort!  My gracious host has made up ice packs for me and as I type I am moving it around to see if I can freeze the damn muscle into submission.  Pain makes your irritable and I'm trying hard to keep the spirits up for my DH's sake. 

The only good thing in this "half full glass " nanny is that I finished the job!  So only part of the nightmare is real...

Will I make it?  Will DH hate me by the end of the week?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments or questions!